Admittedly, I am jealous of my single girlfriends sometimes. When I have those few precious hours when my husband is out at a hockey game or that rare moment when he goes to visit a friend, I relish the time.
Here are only a few of the reasons why being single kicks butt:
- You have no one to answer to. I often find myself rushing home because I worry that my husband is bored or making a mess. In my experience, when men are left alone for long periods of time, bad things happen.
- You don’t have to check with anyone before you blow your pay check on a great pair of shoes. Let’s face it – a woman’s urge to buy shoes and clothing is largely stifled by a man. When we are single, we don’t have to justify it – we just do it. The same goes for men. My husband would not be sharing a car (a Prius) if he wasn’t married to me – he’d be driving something a lot sexier with a lot more horsepower.
- You don’t have to compromise when you are watching television. This means never missing a game because Grey’s Anatomy is on.
- You won’t be subject to nagging. Enough said.
- You won’t have to share your bathroom time. Women have been known to spend long hours in the bathroom primping and priming while you wait desperately outside to use the toilet.
- You won’t get in trouble for staying out all night with the guys. In fact, you don’t even have to come home if you don’t want to. When you are living with a girlfriend, your weekends will be comprised of tame activities like watching movies.
- You will never get bored. Dating is exciting. Once you are married or in a long-term relationship, you won’t feel those butterflies in your stomach every time you see your girlfriend or wife – so enjoy it while you can. The same can be said for your sex life; once you are committed to someone, it can become a bit redundant.
- You can go to the bathroom with the door open, if that’s your thing. You can also fart, belch and scratch yourself without worrying about offending anyone.
- You can leave the toilet seat up and nobody will give you grief for it.
- There will be no girly things in your bathroom. Enjoy your counter space while you can. Someday it will be covered with a dozen or more miscellaneous-scented lotions, tampon boxes and long hair.
While being in a long-term relationship can be a wonderful and fulfilling life change, don’t think that grass is always greener on the other side.
Enjoy the time that you have alone while you can. Being single comes with its own perks too. Remind yourself of this before you jump into a relationship, hoping to fill a void that doesn’t necessarily need to be filled.
Appreciate what you have and cherish your independence because some day it will be gone and you will yearn for it!
Specific, Step-by-Step Instructions on How to Get Her to Bed the First Night
Know EVERY TIME if She Is Ready for The Next Step and Never Get Rejected
You'll Also Enjoy These Featured Articles:
- Even Serial Daters Can Settle Down (0 Comments)
When Is Too Soon to Cohabitate? Some Questions to Ask Yourself (0 Comments)
Top 5 Ways to Lose a Woman in 2 Months or Less (0 Comments)
How to Get Your Ex Back (0 Comments)
The Top 3 Keys To A Long Term Relationship (3 Comments)